Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mallet Madness by Artie Almeida rotation process

OK, I haven't actually used any of the activities in this book, yet, but after looking at the variety of Orff-based activities offered, I've gotta say this is a good one. In fact, if you are a music teacher, elementary or middle school, and you don't have a lot of training in Orff Schulwerk or money to go to a workshop, buy this 30 dollar book and I think you'll be happy. The one thing I have done from the book is the rotation method, which is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can read about it on the preview pages for the book on amazon: Mallet Madness link

When I tried this with the kids, they loved it, because even with a large class of 26 kids, every child gets a chance to play every instrument, almost every day they come to music class. No more whining "I never get to play the big xylophone" or "I never get to play the big drum". This lady is a genius. Buy this book, you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment